Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Prawn cocktail with gin-pickled cucumbers
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 250 g water
- 24 medium raw prawns, peeled, tails intact, deveined
- sea salt, to season
- ground black pepper, to season
- freshly squeezed lemon juice, to drizzle
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into ribbons, flesh only, discard seeds and core
- 50 g sugar
- 100 g white wine vinegar
- 60 g gin of choice (see Tips)
- 5 juniper berries, lightly crushed
- 300 g grapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 50 g gin of choice
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (see Tips)
- 2 pinches paprika, plus extra to serve
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice, to taste, plus extra wedges to serve
- 3 dashes Tabasco® sauce
- 1 cos lettuce, whole leaves or finely shredded for glasses
- 1 avocado, sliced
- fresh chives, chopped to garnish
- micro herbs, to serve (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 2633.2 kJ / 627 kcal
- 19.7 g
- 11.4 g
- 55.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6.8 g
- 3.9 g
- 663.4 mg