Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Chickpea shawarma salad bowl
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Chickpeas and pita bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 60 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 400 g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (approx. 250 g after draining)
- 1 red onion (approx. 180 g), cut into slices
- 1 red capsicum, cut into slices
- 2 pita breads (wholemeal), cut into 8 triangles
- 150 g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 20 g red wine vinegar
- ¼ red onion (approx. 60 g), cut into slices
- 2 tsp sumac
- ½ yellow capsicum, deseeded and cut into slices
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g mixed baby leaf salad
- 1 - 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 1 pomegranate, arils only (see Tip)
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only, torn into pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, torn into pieces
- per 1 portion
- 2305.6 kJ / 549 kcal
- 13 g
- 44.2 g
- 31.7 g
- 17.3 g