Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 400 g sushi rice
- 900 g water
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 2 - 3 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 2 carrots (210 g), cut into quarters
- 150 g sashimi grade tuna or sashimi grade salmon, cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 3 - 4 tbsp mirin
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds or black sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, flesh only, cut into cubes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled and cut into cubes
- 15 cooked prawns (approx. 120 g), peeled
- 3 - 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 - 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 nori sheet, cut into thin strips, for garnishing
- wasabi paste, to serve (optional)
- per 1 portion
- 1780 kJ / 424 kcal
- 19 g
- 58 g
- 12 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- 3.8 g
- 2015 mg