Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
or 4 cloves roasted garlic, homemade (see Tip)
oz shallots, in pieces
or 2 ½ oz yellow onions, in pieces
- ½ oz extra virgin olive oil
- 18 oz ripe tomatoes, quartered (see Tip)
- ½ oz tomato paste
- 8 - 12 oz vegetable stock, (optional)
- ½ - 1 tsp smoked paprika, to taste
- 1 - 2 tsp sugar, to taste
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
tsp ground black pepper, to taste
or ¼ tsp white pepper, to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 oz aged sharp cheddar cheese, cut into pieces
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 - 4 tbsp unsalted butter, to fry
- dried red chili flakes, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 4790.6 kJ / 1145 kcal
- 45.8 g
- 156.5 g
- 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 18.4 g
- 8.6 g
- 2648.6 mg
Alternative recipesShow all
Summer Squash Soup, Fish with Rice and Vegetables, Apple-Pear Crumble
1h 35 min
Salmon with Lemon Hollandaise, Asparagus and Rice
Chicken with Mustard Sauce and Vegetable Soup
Mongolian Beef with Rice and Steamed Orange Cake
1h 15 min