Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 3 ½ oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 6 oz all-purpose flour, plus extra to dust
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 oz unsalted butter, plus extra to serve
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp whole milk, plus extra to brush
tsp lemon juice
or 1 tsp vinegar
- per 1 portion
- 929 kJ / 222 kcal
- 8 g
- 23 g
- 11 g
- 1 g