Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Thai tofu and sweet potato cakes
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 piece lime peel (approx. 4 x 2 cm), no white pith
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 - 2 pinches salt
- 200 g vegan mayonnaise (see Tips)
Tofu and sweet potato cakes
- 275 g sweet potato (approx. 1 sweet potato), peeled and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 300 - 400 g firm tofu, pressed and cut into pieces (3 cm - see Tips)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 fresh long green chilli, trimmed, deseeded and cut into halves
- 10 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 2 nori sheets, torn into pieces
- 25 g tamari, gluten free (see Tips)
- 30 g lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- 30 g plant-based milk of choice
- 45 g chickpea (besan) flour
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- 1 - 2 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- per 1 portion
- 1318.2 kJ / 313.8 kcal
- 18 g
- 16.7 g
- 17.7 g
- 8.9 g