Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Eggplant and mince layers
- 900 g water
- 750 g eggplant (approx. 1.5), cut into round slices (0.5 cm)
- 2 ½ tsp sea salt
- 30 g olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 brown onion (approx. 150 g), cut into halves
- 30 g red wine
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1000 g lamb mince, broken into pieces
- 170 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 40 g plain flour
- 500 g full cream milk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- per 1 portion
- 2159 kJ / 514 kcal
- 38.6 g
- 12.7 g
- 34 g
- Saturated Fat
- 15.3 g
- 4 g
- 1150 mg