Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking ability are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 100 g glacé cherries
- 100 g mixed peel
- 650 g mixed dried fruit (e.g. raisins, currants, sultanas)
- boiling water, for soaking
- 220 g butter, cut into pieces and softened, plus extra for greasing
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 1 orange, zest only, no white pith
- 50 g blanched almonds or nuts of choice (e.g. hazelnuts, pistachios), plus extra for decortaing (optional)
- 220 g brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp instant granulated coffee
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp molasses or black treacle
- 220 g plain flour
- water, for sprinkling
- per 1 portion
- 1638 kJ / 390 kcal
- 5.6 g
- 59 g
- 15 g
- Saturated Fat
- 8 g
- 3.6 g
- 151.3 mg